In our dispensation where everything is becoming dynamic and
Firstly, it is pertinent we note that it is God’s desire that we have and enjoy a godly relationship and that any factor that could lead to its turmoil is not part of God’s purpose and will for us
But the truth is that many have shifted from this godly standard due to the advent and evolvement of
We must, therefore, be careful and sensitive not to fall into the trap of these schemes, hence the need to know and be cautious of those dangerous but early signs in our relationships, which has a tendency of getting sour or be on the rocks. Knowing and addressing these signs early enough can go a long way in saving our unions.
Below are the dangerous signs you would notice when your partner is about to tilt to the wrong path:
- “He beats me and I love him the more”: Many ladies have come from a background where domestic violence is the order of the day. Your husband beats and you infer that it’s so because he loves you. This is a lie from the pit of hell. The bible says in Ephesians 5:28 that men should love their wives as they do to their very own body. If they cannot hurt their own body, they have no right to hurt their partners. God frowns on such and we must also uphold that standard always.
- He/she hides their phone always: Many persons are guilty of this act. When you are sure you do not have any scheme or secret up your sleeve, you then don’t have any reasons to keep your phone out of sight always. I am not a fan of those who indiscriminately monitor their partners’ phones, but one should venture to be truthful and loyal always so as to avoid any doubts in the heart of their spouse or partner at all times. Amos 3:3 afﬁrms that two cannot walk together except they agree. Venture to be an open book always to your partner, as transparency will help foster a solid relationship always. Be wise. He or she has no reason not to pick or attend to calls in your presence at all times.
- Telling lies is his/her
favouritehobby: Why would you derive joy in being deceitful to the one you call your spouse? It is so un-scriptural. When you observe that he/she lies easily about their actions, locations andintentions, at such times, one must be careful. You must be truthful to your partner always. Loyalty and truthfulness make the other to be able to trust you at all times, irrespective of the distance between you. Lies will only give birth to more lies, which will, in turn, ruin your relationship.
- A string of female friends: “No, he is just a people person, he doesn’t have anything to do with those ladies.” You are outright deceiving yourself. Wake up from that slumber to the
realisationthat when you start dating a man, he must cut off from the numerous list of female friends. This is because if he doesn’t, it poses a huge threat to the sustenance of your union, as there are tendencies of inﬁdelity, unfaithfulness, distraction, among other vices. Kill that trend from scratch now, don’t wait for it to mature at all. Be wise.
- He/she does not enjoy praying or spending time with you like before: There is a biblical saying that wherever your treasure is, there your heart will be. Your partner must be a lover of God at all times. He or she must enjoy spending time with you in prayers, fellowship and even at recreational events. The moment he or she starts giving ﬂimsy excuses for absence, you need to call such to order politely and ask God to intervene. It’s important.
Other signs to note and watch out for are:
- Suddenly becoming quiet and moody around one at all times.
- Suddenly enjoying the company of friends than your company at all times.
- Suddenly and persistently snapping at every slight mistake made by the partner.
Above all, we need God to help us stand strong in these times to enjoy a godly relationship. Therefore, when God is the foundation and builder of our relationship, we will seem not to have any challenges in our union.
Endeavour to put God ﬁrst in all decisions and be prayerful always. It is His wish that we enjoy good and godly relationshps
Support Adura Foundation
…we have a small favour to ask.
As our reader, we appeal to you to support Adura Foundation from as little as N1, 000.00 (One Thousand Naira). Every contribution we receive from readers like you, big or small, goes directly into funding our faith renewal journalism and helping the very poor in our society.
Adura Foundation International
Stanbic IBTC Bank